Friday, April 8, 2011

A Little About Me!!

Started this Blog so that I may share my surrogacy journey with others. I guess I should include a little about me...WELL...I am 32 yrs old, married, and between the two of us we have 4 amazing children; 7, 10, 14, and 18. Needless to say our family is complete!
A few years ago I began getting interested in Surrogacy; being someone who was super-fertile (I only assume this because all my own children were special surprises) I felt it was only right that I share my ability to bear children with others who may not be so fortunate. For me TS or GS didn't matter I just felt like I was predestined to fulfill the dreams of a family.
Now my hopes are being realized...
A few months ago the process of tests and appointments began, with IP's (D & J )at my side we met with a local fertility center and explained to the Dr. that we had a unique request. I wanted to be a TS for my brother and Sis in law (no u didn't read it wrong)!! We explained to the Dr that I was willing to be a TS and that (obviously, I hope) we planned to use donor sperm that was a close match to SNL's genetic makeup. The Dr agreed that it was definately a different situation than normal but said it was ok as long as we put all the normal legal jargon together...blah blah
Anyways I just want to share my journey with others out there who may be considering becoming, or using a GS or TS. I am so excited and scared and anxious and a million other emotions. I want this soooo bad for my IP's, not only because they are family but because like most IPs, a lot of heartache has brought them to seek the help of a surrogate to grow their family! Luckily for me they chose me...(it took some pleading) :) to be their Surrogate Mommy.
So now that all the formalities are out of the way lets get to the fun stuff...

Yesterday 4/7 we had our first IUI...this was supposed to be last month but ovulation was not cooperating or there was a problem with the OPK's. So this cycle the Dr decided to let us try the clomid days 5-9 an U/S on day 13 and a trigger shot to induce O on day 14 before doing the IUI! So now we are in the nerve-racking 2WW period...will keep updating as often as I can!!
 Until then keep sending BABYDUST our way and Pray for D&J and a BFP!!!

Abbreviations...

This list definately will help those who have no idea what some of the crazy acronyms/abbrev are supposed to stand for when reading surrogacy forums/blogs
2WW = 2-Week Wait
AF = Aunt Flo -Your menstrual period
AZH = Assisted Hatching
BBT = Basal Body Temperature
BFN= Big fat Negative
BFP= Big Fat Positive :)
CB = Cycle Buddy
CD = Cycle day - The first day of your period is cycle day 1
DE= Donor Egg
DP3DT = Days Post 3-Day Transfer
DP5DT = Days Post 5-Day Transfer
DPT = Days Post Transfer
E2 = Estradiol
ED= Egg donor/donation
EDD = Estimated Due Date
FET = Frozen Embryo Transfer
GC = Gesational Carrier
GS-Gestational Surrogate
GTT = Glucose Tolerance Test
hCG, HCG = Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (aka the pregnancy hormone)
HPT = Home Pregnancy Test
IF = Intended Father
IM = Intended Mother
IP = Intended Parent/Parents
IVF = In Vitro Fertilization
LMP = Last Menstrual Period (start date)
O = Ovulation
OB = Obstetrician
OB/GYN = Obstetrician/Gynecologist
OTC = Over The Counter
PCOS = Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
PG = Pregnant
PIO = Progesterone in Oil
PMS = Pre-menstrual Syndrome
RE = Reproductive Endocrinologist
Rx = Prescription
ER = Retrieval (Egg)
SA = Sperm/Semen Analysis
SM = Surrogate Mother
TS= Traditional Surrogate
TTC = Trying To Conceive

No comments:

Post a Comment